The Four Seasons of Marriage
Marriages are in a perpetual state of transition, continually moving from one season to another – perhaps not annually, as in nature, but certainly and consistently. Sometimes we find ourselves in WINTER – distant, discouraged, and dissatisfied; other times, we experience SPRINGTIME – filled with hope, openness, and anticipation. Sometimes we bask in the warmth of SUMMER – satisfied and comfortable, simply enjoying life together. In times of AUTUMN, negligence and uncertainty creep in, leaving us feeling unsettled and apprehensive.
The cycle repeats itself many times throughout the life of a marriage, just as the seasons repeat themselves in nature. Each season presents its own unique challenges, and each holds the potential for emotional health and happiness. The purpose of this one day course is to help married couples and people looking to get married to IDENTIFY which season the marriage is and what are those elements that take a couple from season to season, and to provide practical strategies that will help to STRENGTHEN and enhance the marriage.
Who is this course for?
- Anybody who is looking to get married and wants to learn the emotions of marriage
- Couples who want to better understand their marriage life
- Those couples who may be going through some difficulties in their marriage
- Those people who want to learn how have a successful marriage
At the end you will learn…..
- The nature of marriage in Islam
- The four seasons or emotions of marriage
- How to deal with past failures
- Learning how to speak your Spouse’s Love language
- How to benefit even from the differences spouses have
- How to overcome difficulties in marriage and much more…
All participants of this course will be provided with a e-book specially prepared for this course.
Brief Teacher Bio
Shaykh Abdullah Hasan
Sh. Abdullah Hasan studied Islamic studies in the UK and in the Middle East for over 10 years. He specialises in Fiqh and Usul, Zakat, hwal al Sakhsiya and usul al ifta (fatwa). Over the last 15 years or so he has researched and studied secular and Islamic psychology and counselling frameworks. He has been providing pastoral, spiritual and counselling help to individuals and couples from the Islamic counselling framework he has developed for the last 15 years all over the UK. Sh. Abdullah Hasan has enormous interest and passion in the field of community and people development. He has over 10 years of management, leadership and training experience within the third sector. He is the founder of British Imams and Scholars Contributions & Achievement Awards (BISCA), which is a national platform to celebrate, support & nurture positive leadership within the community. The Founder of British Institutes, Mosques & Association Awards (BIMA), which is national platform celebrating the achievements of mosques and Islamic institutions. A founder of Imams Against Domestic Abuse (IADA), an international coalition of leaders to end domestic abuse. He established the first ever Islamic post graduate counselling course – Licensed Islamic Professional Counsellor (Ijazah-acrediation), and the British Islamic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association.
How you will study this course and terms of study
Online live course with live Q&A, and group and one to one mentoring and supervision: you will view recorded content, complete tasks given, and then attend live Q&A via a virtual classroom. A strictly controlled and focused chat group will be opened for constant contact with teacher, and for group motivation, and problem solving/sharing.
You will be given slides compiled exclusively for this course.
Note: there may be half hour extended or reduced. This will be at the discretion of the teacher.
How to Join and Study This Course
1. Register on the above link. This will give you your username and password to the learning management system on the Spring Foundation website
2. You will be sent a confirmation of your place.
3. You will receive access to the course reading in advance each session.
4. The link for the live virtual classroom will be provided by email and on the website before the session. The link will go live on the day of the session.
5. To benefit fully from the course, you should complete all reading in advance. This will ensure you are ready with questions.